Sunday, January 18, 2009

Seek

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. Matthew 6:33 NLT 

I'm learning the more I look to God's sure and faithful provision, I don't worry as much. Since being accepted as a Cadet, the Lord has seen to increase his blessing for me and my husband. We may not have much money or material possessions, but we’re not hungry, thirsty or naked. Praise God!

God's provision in my life has nothing to do status, looks, ability or intellect. It’s when I seek.

It has been said, ‘The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.’ The main thing is God and His Kingdom. To seek it is to pursue it, to crave it, to go after it with all your might. When we seek, we think about it, talk about it and willing to pay the price to have it.

We must not seek in order to get. We must seek God's face and not His hand. In must seek his “presence” not his “presents.” Seek him for who he is, not what he can do. There is nothing wrong with have nice things, but He wants first place in our lives.

When I put Him first, keep Him in top priority and set about doing things his way, I'm showing that I delight in Him. Then He will give us the desire of our heart. Ps37:4

If the Lord is calling you to Officership, do not let the pursuit of money or material possessions keep you from pursuing the treasures of God’s Kingdom, which have far greater worth and eternal value that anything on earth.

 People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

Matthew 6:33 MSG

No comments: