Wednesday, April 22, 2009

In my early days

While looking through some old diaries, I saw an entry from 1999, I was living and studying at Lake Munmorah in NSW at the Salvation Army School for Youth Leadership under the direction of Major Ray and Jean Herron (who are now retired).

I was 19 at the time and a new christian. While there I learnt for the first time a lot about myself, how God saw me and where he wanted me to go. While the other students went to USA to work for 3 months in the Summer camps, I went the PNG to work alongside some amazing people, in development ministries with women and children. I saw great things amongst those who lived in the dumps, surrounded by tragedy and absolute poverty.

While there this is what I wrote ....
Never allow tribulation or the cares of this world separate you from remembering that God loves you. Something extraordinary happens when someone who holds onto the love of God when the odds are totally against them. Logic is silenced in the face of each of trial when the only things that holds is our love of God. Because of His love, out of the wreck I rise every time.

If I want to be of any use to God, I need to constantly maintain a proper relationship with Jesus Christ by staying focused on Him and he will make use of me, for every moment I'm alive.

I'm encouraged by what I wrote then and I proudly say that it holds true for me now as it did 10 years ago.

In His Hands

No comments: